Re: The style attribute, again (was: kelvSYC's Thoughts on the new XHTML Draft)

Mikko Rantalainen wrote:

<snip>

> In addition (again IIRC), there wasn't a single real-world example where
> the style attribute would have been needed [1]. All the examples given
> were a direct result of silly authoring methods. If XHTML targets to be
> a yet another presentational markup language, then we should include the
> style attribute, otherwise not.

The style attribute is the only current method of handing-around
author-preferred stylings WITH the node (element)... when a node is
"gleaned" for transclusion purposes.

Please see...

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2003Jan/0201.html

And maybe all of this thread...