Magic Elements (was: kelvSYC's Thoughts on the new XHTML Draft)

Tantek wrote:

> In some cases, it turned out HTML4 "Strict" made a few removal errors
> ('target','start','value' attributes), and the only W3C valid way of
> using these removed features is to use the HTML4/XHTML1 Transitional
> DTDs.

There's a new removal error about to happen: <q>.  Just as there may be
difficulties in edge cases of <ol start="0">, there may be some with <q> in
some i18n contexts, but is throwing the baby out with the bathwater
warranted here?

If the WG follows the same path for <ol> as it took recently with <q>, we'll
no doubt end up with something like ...

	<orderedlist>
		<li>1. Cats</li>
		<li>2. Dogs</li>
		<li>3. Rats</li>
	</orderedlist>

No objections to adding <quote>, but I think the removal of <q> is a major
mistake.

/Jelks