Re: Feedback on XHTML 2.0 WD (20030131)

> Here is some evidence showing that having a <title/> element does not=20
> neccessarily encourage good titles:

You only have to look at the average self help newsgroup, mailing list, or
forum, to see this.  Typical subjects are:

Newbie Question
Urgent Problem
<subject of forum> Problem

However, I consider meta to be a hack.  It looks to me that it was
designed to allow the integration of certain word processing products,
without requiring a change in their paradigm to, for example, treat
meta data as hyperlinks (e.g. see the recent thread about the link element
to see how badly the existing mechanism is used in the dominant product).