In article <3E6F2CBB00004E44@webmail-dk1.sol.no1.asap-asp.net>,
jenspetersen@sol.dk wrote:

> I have an idea for a new HTML tag that I find OK. I should like to have an
> extra HREF tag so that I can go to for example the next main page by use

This has existed since at least HTML 2.0, and possibly from the very
beginning.  It's even implemented by Lynx, Mozilla, and probably some of the
other minor browsers.

In this particular case, you want to use:

<link rel="next" href="...."> in the head element.

In principle, you can also use rel="next" on an "a" element, but support
may be even less common.  (Note that details of support are really off
topic.)

There are many other link types, although some have dropped from
the specification because mainstream browsers have failed to use them,
e.g. <meta name="author"....> is often better implemented as
<link rev="made" href="mailto:....>

See section 12.1.2 of the HTML 4.01 specification.