Re: Should encoding of site structure be standardized?

Hi

On Fri 28-Feb-2003 at 03:31:23PM +0100, Øystein Ingmar
Skartsæterhagen wrote:

> But almost all web pages logically belongs to a sort of larger
> group of information, normally called a site.

Have you seen the discussion on the TAG about this?

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/thread.html#176

> In my browser (Opera 7.0), the link elements for linking to
> previous and next page, home page, etc. are (if present in the
> current document) displayed as a sort of "navigation bar" right
> above the area where the body of the page is displayed. With a
> "site document" which shows the structure of a site, and links to
> all the pages within it, and to which these pages should also link
> (so that a UA knows where to get it), the UAs could show a site
> navigation bar somewhere outside the body of the page

Have you seens Mozilla's site navigation toolbar, it is built from link
rels -- there is a screen shot here (and look in the head of this
documents for some link elements):

  http://mkdoc.com/news/mkdoc-1-2/

In terms of the RSS sitemap idea that has been raised in this
thread, I've been generating these for a while, I've not found any
use for them, but here is an example of one:

  http://mkdoc.com/rss100sitemap.rdf

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>