Re: CSS integration proposal

> What's wrong with the style element? I have always wondered why the link
> element was used for stylesheets, but I can't agree with your proposal
> since the style element can do what you've just showed there.

I only appreciated a generic form of integration, like the Ruby module
illustrates it. Neither <link /> nor <style /> is generic or even consequent,
related to its purpose.

> I've
> thought about adding a src attribute to style but that wouldn't be any
> better than link. Unless we could use <style src="/style.css"
> type="text/css" />. But for alternate and all those other values, I
> don't know. I think we should stick with link for now unless someone can
> think of something better.

In my opinion, the former functionality should rest (referencing to external
CSS via <link />, and using internal styles via <style />). Only the naming
would change to offer a more consequent and obvious usage.

 Jens Meiert.

--
Jens Meiert

Steubenstr. 28