Re: Date Fields in HTML

James Brown wrote:
> Thank you for your comments.  I agree that the tags would definately have to
> specify the type of date contained in the date field.  That was kind of what
> I was trying to acheive by the format="us" or format="uk" attribute, but
> this is my first attempt at documenting an idea for the W3C so I'm sure I
> didn't express it properly!

NITF 3.1 <http://www.nitf.org/site/nitf-documentation/nitf-3-1.dtd> has
e.g. a story.date element including #PCDATA with a norm attribute defined as

norm                    Date/time value normalized to ISO 8601:
                         YYYYMMDDTHHMMSS-HHMM (preferred)
                         YYYYMMDDTHHMMSSZ (alternative).
                         Use YYYYMMDD000000-HHMM when no time is
                         available

Unfortunately, NITF doesn't have a namespace, so that they cannot be
mixed with XHTML elements in an XHTML host language.

--
Johannes Koch
                             (Te Deum, 4th cent.)