Re: Form-based Multiple File Upload in HTML

Hi

On Fri 14-Feb-2003 at 06:21:39AM -0000, Rui del-Negro wrote:

> >> Can the latest HTML handle multiple file attachments using one
> >> input command (e.g. by choosing browse on a HTML page, is there
> >> a way for a user to to hold SHIFT and CTRL to select multiple
> >> files and/or directory that would contain multiple files)?
>
> > Yes, that's exactly how it's supposed to work.  Opera is the
> > only browser I know of that supports it.
>
> I'm using Opera 6 and I can't get that to work. I _can_ select
> multiple files after clicking on "Browse...", but only the name of
> the first file appears in the browse box, and only that file is
> uploaded.
>
> Opera 7 doesn't even allow selecting multiple files (as don't
> Mozilla or MSIE).
>
> Without support in any browser, it's kind of pointless to talk
> about implementing it correctly on the server... :(

I'm not sure which version of Opera supports it but at least one
version does because a few months ago we found that doing a multiple
upload caused an internal error in our web application that we had
to fix!

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>