Re: Applet, Target, Object, Embed in XHTML 1.1

David Laroche wrote:
> Can somebody tell me how I correctly have to write my html, so that it
> is xhtml 1.1 validated for a java applet?

Your example codes uses the <applet> and <embed> elements, neither of
which exist in XHTML 1.1. That's the reason the validator won't accept
your document.

To include applets, flash movies and other objects, use the <object>
element: http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/objects.html#edef-OBJECT

> Then I want to make a link to another page that should open in a new
> windows, how do I have to write this?

You don't. Leave it to the user to open the link in a new window if they
so desire.

/Jonas