Re: Is XHTML 1.0 2nd ed. Section 4.3 really informative?

William F. Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu> wrote:

> This requirement is derived from the XML specification inasmuch as
> XHTML is an XML application.  See  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml .

Thank you for your rapid reply.  Where is this requirement stated in
the XML specification?  I am afraid that if you are mentioning XML
spec Section 3.1 which I quoted, it is merely a recommendation for
interoperability.  If it is stated anywhere else in the XML spec, I
must have overlooked it; would you please show me where it is stated?

Best regards,
-- ITO Tsuyoshi  <tsuyoshi@is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp> --
-- Department of Information Science           --
--                  in the University of Tokyo --