Re: a new value for <title> and other meta tags

The following text was discovered Tuesday 27 August 2002 in a note
attributed to one ""David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>":

> Gabriele Fava  wrote:

(actually, I did, in a response to Gabriele)

> > 2) not support visual-only CSS. (The media type for all my stylesheets
> > is"screen" rather than, say, "aural" or "braille". I wouldn't even know
> > where to start with styling for those, so I just make sure my HTML is
> > structurally reasonable and hope that they've got an effective browser.
> > :) )
>
> In an ideal world, screen readers might work that way, but in the real
> world, the high end (ie. the expensive ones that designers design to,
> because they behave most like IE) ones use MSAA to access IE working as a
> screen media browser.  At least in part, that is because virtually no-one
> authors for any other media type.

Sigh. Can I be annoyed with Microsoft for this one, or is it the fault of
the screen reader writers that the media type doesn't get changed?

Oh well. Either way, the trick that adds that pseudocode doesn't work in
MSIE6 anyways. I guess two wrongs really *can* make a right. ;)

--
Joanne Hunter <http://menagerie.tf/~jrhunter/>  Say No to HTML Mail!/"\
 Of course, I don't know how interesting any of this really is,     \ /