Re: http://www.w3.org/TR/xframes/#s_frames-element

Hello Bjoern, dear list members,

Am Montag, 12. August 2002 05:13 schrieb Bjoern Hoehrmann:
> * Christian Wolfgang Hujer wrote:
> >I think XFrames should use XLink.
>
> Why do you think so?

As far as I understand,

XLink has been developed as a common standard for hypertext linking.
I consider Frames to be a special form of hypertext linking.
Several entities make up a visually new document.
And parts can be exchanged by traversing hyperlinks.
XFrames is an application / presentation level of hyperlinking, involving user interaction.
Of course this also depends on the discussion result about XHTML 2.0 using XLink or not.
It should also be consistent with XHTML 2.0.
But XHTML 2.0 itself should again be consistent with SVG, and SVG already uses XLink for Hyperlinking.

Or do we want XLink to be a standard not used beyond the scope of RDF?

Greetings
--
Christian Wolfgang Hujer
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter