Re: Inheritance of alignment revisited

Hello,

From: "Chris Croome" <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: Inheritance of alignment revisited

> > This might be slightly off-topic. If I put this line in my stylesheet
> >
> >   td { text-align : left; }
> >
> > then all TD:s are left aligned, even the ones that have an
> > align="right" attribute set. Is it the correct behaviour that CSS
> > overrides align-attributes in the HTML-code?
>
> Yes I think it is, in all browsers I'm aware of CSS rules overide the
> old hacks.

The HTML 4.01 spec. says (not word-to-word), that it is recommended to
separate the content and the formatting. So, lot of formatting attributes
are 'deprecated' in HTML 4.01 - the ALIGN is amoung them.
W3C recommennds the using of CSS instead.
Regards

Miklos Monostory
infoteam@fw.hu  |  http://infoteam.fw.hu
-------- http://htmlinfo.fw.hu ------------