From: Carr, Jeff [mailto:Jeff.Carr@lrn.va.gov]
Sent: 09 July 2001 16:11
To: 'rafal.marczewski@fastmedia.it'
Cc: www-html@w3c.org
Subject: RE: XML declatarion

[snip]
>IE 5.5 for Win:  have seen the code and non rendered
[snip]
>I have removed the first line of code (XML declaration) and, I think,
>that it's working.
[snip]

I think that you probably don't have an <html> tag.

If you don't it will render it as straight XML instead of XHTML.

However if you don't have an <?xml tag, the browser assumes html.

Jeff Carr

This message may contain information which is confidential or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments
without retaining a copy.