RE: Keep the font tag

> From:	Robert Knight [SMTP:rwknight@freenetname.co.uk]
>
> The <font> tag is depreciated in HTML 4.0, however it can be very useful
> in one-off situations in a page.  Also style sheets can be

	[DJW:]  It's actually deleted in HTML 4.0 Strict.  I.e.
	you are a couple of years too late.

	For one off situations, use style attributes.

> very annoying to work with as the <font> tag has better cross-browser
> capability's

	[DJW:]  For version 3 browser support, author to HTML 3.2, not
	HTML 4 or XHTML.  Note that most uses of FONT seriously compromise
	cross-browser compatibility, e.g. the common mis-use of FONT to
	simulate Hn.

> I ask for W3C to include the <font> tag in HTML 5.0.
> Anybody else think differently / agree with me?

	[DJW:]  "HTML 5" is XHTML 1.0