RE: Doctype detection

> From:	Daniel Hiester [SMTP:alatus@mail.earthlink.net]
>

> b.) not everyone has control over HTTP headers (like the millions of
> people
> who use free webspace services like Geocities et al.)

[DJW:]  And of those who do, the majority probably don't
realise that there is anything to control!  I have seen
Refresh 0 redirects and even scripted redirects (blank
screens for those with secure scripting!) from
organisations that clearly run their own server!

There is a very strong single tool mentality in software
markets, which means that the role of the server and
HTTP becomes subsumed in HTML (but also that HTTP is
getting to be like SMB/CIFS or NFS!)