RE: Icons/Logos of the site in the url

> From:	Patrice Calve [SMTP:patrice.calve@cactuscom.ca]
>
> I'm interested in finding out how sites like "carpoint.msn.com" can insert
> an icon in the Address Bar (of IE at least) and into the FAVORITES.

	[DJW:]  Look in your server logs or search the Microsoft
	site.  This is a proprietory internet explorer feature
	that is so obvious that it irritates many operators of
	web sites and proxies.

	It has absolutely nothing to do with HTML, let alone the
	design of non-proprietory HTML.

> What I do know is that they are using the PICS-Label meta tag...

> "http://www.rsac.org/ratingsv01.html" l comment "RSACi North America
> Server"
> by "CarPoint_ms@msn.com" r (n 0 s 0 v 0 l 0))'>

	[DJW:]  Access the URL quoted for specifics or look at the
	PICS topic on the w3c site.  Again not HTML.