Re: Status of Frames in HTML 4

Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com> wrote:

> That said, it still has no bearing on whether or not XHTML 1.1, a next
> generation spec twice removed from HTML 4.0(1) should or should not contain
> Frames in it's core.

HTML 4 already does not contain frames in its core.  There is zero frames
support in the Strict DTD.  Noframes markup in a Frameset document is
validated as Transitional markup with no option to validate it as Strict.

FRAMES ARE DEPRECATED IN HTML 4!  THEREFORE THEY CAN BE DROPPED ENTIRELY
FROM ANY SUCCESSOR!

And stop sending me two copies of your messages!  One message, addressed to
the list, is sufficient.