RE: "fighting it out between WGs" (was: inline CSS)

Murray Altheim [mailto:altheim@eng.sun.com] wrote:
>Chris Wilson wrote:
>> "sprinkles" - were discussed in a W3C-sponsored meeting titled "XML in
HTML"
>> several years ago.  I believe a Note was released of the agreements
therein.

>You surely aren't trying to state that the W3C has ever endorsed
>Microsoft's use of 'XML sprinkles' or 'islands'? I can't find any
>W3C NOTE on the subject, nor are there any 'agreements' regarding
>its use that I'm aware of. As such it remains as always a proprietary
>Microsoft 'feature', not part of any W3C specification.

Whatever, Murray.  You've exceeded my patience with this conversation.  I
know that we (meaning Microsoft) attempted to do the right thing with
sprinkles.  I'm sorry it doesn't fit into your personal view of the world.

Sun actually HOSTED this meeting, for crying out loud.  The minutes are
linked from the original agenda:
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/CoordGroup/9802/xml-in-html.html (sorry, this may
be a members-only link).  My mistake, a Note was never released - merely the
minutes of the meeting detailing the discussion, and a draft of a
specification for 'islands'.  Stating this was a proprietary Microsoft
'feature' implies we developed this internally with no open standards effort
at all - and that simply is not the case.  I never said this was a
Recommendation - I said the syntax was discussed, and some agreements were
reached, at an open W3C meeting.

-Chris