RE: [Q] META "Refresh" deprecated ?

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Stephane Bailliez wrote:

> How can you provide dynamic content to a web page then ?

There's a *reason* for HTTP to provide a Content-type header.

> If you have a collection of html components to be displayed to a
> specific location of an html page according to user browsing
> experience we need to refresh this component with a set of
> components.

User browsing experience?  What on earth even began to allow you and
your ilk to be so presumptuous?

> What do you think ? The only problem might be that we are forcing
> a pace, but IMHO it just has to be "reasonable".

<clue>
If I want a movie, I can download one and see it, with appropriate
software.  Oops, let me state that again.  If **I** want.

Not, if *you* want me to see something.  If *I* want me to see
something.

My browser is *mine* to use, not yours to command.
</clue>

Arjun