(unknown charset) Re: inline CSS (was: is anyone interested in XHTML?)

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Tantek [ISO-8859-1] Çelik wrote:

> >  1) Was there consensus in the HTML WG on this?
>
> as the Microsoft alternate representative to the HTML wg, I can
> tell you that *we* certainly strongly disagree with removal and/or
> deprecation of the STYLE attribute.

I can see why.

  http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=587187495

You're a MS rep, but it's probably too much to ask you to wander over
to the MS-Office division and smack some relevant ganglion of the hive
mind with a cluestick.

  http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=488668770

Nope.  No one is going to wander over, and wielding cluesticks is a
firing offense.  Inline styles are the best place for all that mso-*
stuff, right?  Never mind <![endif]>.

And people seriously want to argue that Tag Soup is going away?

Arjun