Re: web page

Hello Talal,

I will be interested to hear what you get back on this...

It seems to me that your decision should be based on how the data you are
presenting will be used, and perhaps what the long term strategy for the
site will be.

If all you need to do with the non-Java portions of the site is to display
information and allow it to be printed, then HTML will work just fine, and
you won't run into any problems with browser support etc.

If you want to exchange or process the non-Java data, then XML is probably
the way to go.

As for where the long term strategy comes in, your choice might best be
dictated by what you think the site will be like and how it will be used in
a year or two. If the sophistication and complexity of the types of
processing it does is likely to increase, you probably want to factor that
in to the architecture, and realize that HTML would not support it.

Lastly, the two don't have to be mutually exclusive. XML and HTML can be
used together on a site.

For an interesting overview of XML, you might want to take a look at
http://www.radsys.com/ms_paper.htm.

Good luck!

--++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Suzanne Topping
Localization Unlimited
(Globalization Process Improvement Consulting and Training)
28 Ericsson Street
Rochester, New York, 14610-1705
USA
Phone: 716-473-0791
Fax: 716-231-2013
Email: stopping@rochester.rr.com

(Send me an email to join the North East Localization Special Interest
Group, an email distribution list which acts as a discussion forum for
localization issues.)