From Eric

----- Original Message -----
From: <pdf@bizfon.com>
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 5:10 AM
Subject: The <HR> tag

:
: In HTML4, the HR tag does not contain any attributes that let you specify the
: color.  However, IE seems to allow you to set a color attribute (IE also lets
: you control the color with style sheets).  Changing the color of an HR seems
: like it would be a very common thing.  I'm just wondering why this hasn't been
: added to the HTML specs?  Is there some better way to create a colored
: horizontal rule that I don't know about?
:
: More info on the HR tag available here:
: http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/graphics.html#h-15.3
:
: Thanks,
: Peter