Re: html and dreamweaver

Beth Skwarecki wrote:

> [...]  I've been using screem a lot
> lately - it's a HTML-specific text editor with a bunch of nifty features,
> including the whole drag-and-drop site management stuff and toolbars to
> format text (you select the text, click the "bold" button, it puts <b> tags
> around your text)

Isn't that exactly the sort of thing we are trying to eliminate?!

Surely the way of the future (and the sooner the better) is
"select the text, click the "class" extensible drop-down menu,
 choose or add the appropriate class, and then [it] puts <span> or <div> tags
 as appropriate with the corresponding class around your text, then pops
 up a dialogue box (if the class isn't already known) asking how entities
 of such a class should be rendered...".

--
Philip TAYLOR
Webmaster, Information Services