RE: Border Specification

> From:	Gray Jonathan-AJG003C [SMTP:Jonathan_Gray-AJG003C@email.mot.com]
>

> One specification I would like to see added is in regards to borders. HTML
> borders offer some good effects but now people are all wanting to have
> curved smooth edges to their otherwise square borders. If this could be
> specified in HTML it would save creating cornerstone graphics which prove
> in nested tables to be the bain of a Netscape developers life.

	[DJW:]  The place to raise this is probably www-styles.
	You possibly need a new border-corner-style attribute.
	Actually, it would seem to have a certain amount in
	common with the SVG stroke-linejoin style in
	CSS3
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-SVG-20001102/painting.html#StrokeLinejoinPrope
rty>,
	although I don't think one can simply overload this
	with a meaning for borders.

	However, my impression of the psyschology of such
	things is that rounded corners happen because someone
	wanted to distinguish themselves from the stock formats,
	then others copied.  I think the former type of person
	will want to distinguish themselves from any implementation
	of rounded corners in standard browsers, leaving one back
	in the same state.

	Also, I expect the fashion leaders to move to SVG.