RE: linking in frames

> From:	Catherine Sherman [SMTP:catherine_sherman@hotmail.com]
>
> I have a frames document with 2 frames: one is a navigation bar, and the
	[DJW:]
	Frames are deprecated through XHTML 1.0, and gone in
	XHTML 1.1.

> other is a main content frame.  From an OUTSIDE DOCUMENT, I would like to
> create a hyperlink that loads my frames page, and loads a specific page
> into
	[DJW:]
	This is one of the reasons why frames are gone.  They are
	incompatible with hyperlinking when using HTML (in the sense
	of this mailing list, if not in the popular sense).

	[DJW:]  See messages from yesterday ahout possible ways of
	doing this with style sheets, but note that most of the major
	sites no longer user frames.