Betr.: RE: Another frames question (sorry)

Am Wed, 16 August 2000 schrieb "Bertilo Wennergren":

> Sender: www-html-request@w3.org
> To: <www-html@w3.org>

Hi,

since you wrote:

> > >But there is one problem: With frames e.g. a separate navigational
> > >part can have its own scroll bars. I can't find a way of getting
> > >that if I use a div with fixed position. If the window gets too
> > >small, part of the fixed div will stay out of view without any
> > >means of scrolling it into view.

Have you tried out the CSS property overflow in the style-attribute of yor DIV-tag? There you can set visible, scroll, hidden and auto.
visible enlarges the DIV, scroll inserts scrollbars, hidden cuts the rest off and auto usually inserts scrollbars if the comtent is to large, otherwise it shows the content normal.

I can't tell you anything about it's browser-compatibiliy but I assume it's CSS-standard.

Greetings
Bard

----
Please no HTML-Mails