Re: bordercolor

From: jane hoya <hoyaj@gusun.georgetown.edu>
Date: Sat, Apr 22, 2000, 1:53 PM

> I have searched for (and failed to find) any discussions on bordercolors
> since 1998.

So close.  'border-color' is what you're looking for.

 http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1#border-color

> MS, with all of its problems, had a good idea when it
> included support for bordercolors in IE. It should be a standard part of
> HTML as it SAVES A LOT OF TIME.

CSS _is_ a standard styling language for HTML (and for XML for that matter),
and has defined 'border-color' since 1996.  It has certainly been implemented
since IE4:

 http://webreview.com/pub/guides/style/mastergrid.html

> ps. i find it frightening that many of the people who make decisions
> about HTML never really give it full use b/c they're too busy in
> committee meetings, or whatever.

An interesting concern.  Was there something in particular that made you think
this?

It is my understanding that members of the HTML working group not only use
HTML, but also endeavor to make(keep) it easy to use/author, and easier to
implement across a variety of devices.

Tantek

Let it all go. Fear, doubt and disbelief.   http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/