Re: Ignoring empty paragraphs

Jan Roland Eriksson <jrexon@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Nope, relying on client side execution of code to generate
> content will definitely create accessibility conflicts for
> some client.

I never said I wanted to *rely* on it; I have heard of
graceful degradation, y'know. :-) ATM I'm using this on a
page with a table of data and notes that pop up in a
separate <p>. The data points are also links that point
to plain HTML containing the same information.

>> Sure, you could get around the limitation by using a <div>

> Any empty "container type" element needs to go, somehow...

Why? Just to spite people who might misuse it to get
formatting effects? If one removes every feature of (D)HTML
that has been abused, there's not going to be very much
left, alas.

--
Andrew Clover
Technical Support