RE: Future version of HTML!?

At 09:47 AM 10/24/99 -0400, Keith Bowes wrote:
>I'll just continue thinking in a programmer state of mind and
>you can continue thinking as a writer;  I'll continue using
>more Javascript than straight HTML on my pages, and you can
>continue producing HTML-2.0ish pages.
>Besides, I'm not trying to take supremacy over the internet;
>rather, I want the people that continue to use HTML to have a
>powerful language.

It seems to me that an important unspoken issue here might be described as
whether HTML is a programming language or a markup language.  Or to pop up
a level, whether there is or should be a difference between a programming
language and a markup language.  My thought is that it is not be
appropriate to think about HTML in "a programmer state of mind," rather it
should be thought of in "a markup state of mind."

Nick
--
Vice President of
Marketing                                             Invisible Worlds