RE: OnLoad Problem in Netscape

ahh...

the first question relates to a known bug in netscape that can be fixed.
when visiting the devedge website, i saw an article talking about this bug
and javascript at the end of this message as a solution.  it will detect if
a browser resize happens and will reload the page (window.history.go(0) does
the reload).  i have found this indispensible when doing dhtml with
netscape, since a resize tends to mess up all the css scripting i do.  i
don't know if it will fix your problem, but it might.

don't know much about the second question's problems, although i can see you
work around it with clever programming.

z.

/**
 * resize.js 0.3 970811
 * by gary smith
 * js component for "reloading page onResize"
 */

if(!window.saveInnerWidth) {
  window.onresize = resize;
  window.saveInnerWidth = window.innerWidth;
  window.saveInnerHeight = window.innerHeight;
}

function resize() {
    if (saveInnerWidth < window.innerWidth ||
        saveInnerWidth > window.innerWidth ||
        saveInnerHeight > window.innerHeight ||
        saveInnerHeight < window.innerHeight )
    {