RE: FORM FIELDS & ENTER (SUBMIT)

Hi !
You have mentioned CGI's query string. It means ur using GET method of form submission .
In this case, a JavaScript solution might work. U write a function to submit a form , say sub_form(form). Instead of having a usual submit button(which fires the CGI script in form's action tag), u should have a normal button.

On click event of that button you call sub_form(form). Inside this function u can write something like this -
form.method="GET";
form.action="<ur cgi script name>". { u should frame the CGI script's path name manually by appending the button variable also to it . for eg : http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/program.cgi?a=val1+b=val2}
form.submit();

I think u cannot submit a form using POST with JavaScript manually. I had researched very much on this earlier.
Hope this suggestion helps.

Mukul Gandhi
INDIA