Re: security problem in emailing HTML

Arjun Ray wrote:
[...]
> (Logic: if someone is clueless enough to send email in HTML, I have no
> need to waste my time reading it.)

Why is use of HTML for email a sign of cluelessness?

I have to agree that most of the mail UAs that do HTML today do it
*very* poorly, but I consider that a bug that should be fixed,
not a permanent problem.

The Netscape Composer thingy is almost good enough... it's
smart enough to do multipart/alternative fairly well:

"p.s. My latest conviction is that email the tool that people use to
commit their knowledge to electronic form for the purpose of sharing. If
we want people to be able to write hypertext easily, their mailers are
the place to start. And I want to use my email archive as a back-link
service ("show me all the mail messages that link to this page") and I
don't want to use heuristics to find those addresses. So I'm using this
second-rate hypertext editor to see if I can life with it, and to see
what it would take to hack Mozilla into a first-rate hypertext editor."
	-- yours truely
	Sun, 26 Sep 1999 22:34:15 -0500
	http://xent.ics.uci.edu/FoRK-archive/sept99/0260.html