From: sven.latham@snellwilcox.com [mailto:sven.latham@snellwilcox.com]
Sent: Friday, July 30, 1999 9:33 AM
To: www-html@w3.org; www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re:<BUTTON> tag

<BUTTON> is one of Microsoft's "let's do our own thing" ideas, it ties in
well
with the dialog boxes that you know and love from IE4.  'Button' doesn't
require
a form. Neither does <INPUT....> but at least button is shorter.  Also,
button
now acts as a seperate object instead of being part of a form or an INPUT
object. You can do some pretty neat stunts with button, including accurate
positioning amongst other things.  A nice addition (although previously
achieveable with JavaScript) is the ACCESSKEY property. This allows the user
press the associated key, and the button is effectively clicked.

If you want a peek at Microsoft's lesser publicised HTML tags, open up
either
MSHTML.DLL or SHDOCVW.DLL in a text editor, and amongst the jumble of
characters
there are some smart hidden features, including the <FIELDSET> tag
(documented
in W3C but not publicised), and some intrieguing JavaScript.

Good fun for a boring Sunday night.

Sven L