Re: frames

Hi Tom, this is one hassle I have had with Netscape for years, and that is
the interpretation of the WIDTH= parameter. While MSIE interprets it as
the MAXIMUM width, Netscape continue to interpret it as the MINIMUM
width, particularly in TABLES.

I suppose with your frames problem it could be attributed to a difference in
interpretation.

However, my private site is designed for 4.x series browsers. Go have a
look at http://users.iafrica.com/i/id/idsamson/index.html and let me know
what your browser does with my frames.

Sorry I can't answer your question more specifically.

On 20 Oct 98, at 22:24, Tom Carter <cf@gables.tcp.co.uk> wrote:

>  hi all!!
>
>  I have a page desinged with frames with zero border so that the graphics
> in
>  each touch. However, although the width is specified explicitly, netscape
>  chops part of one frame off and the scroll of the main frame is moved.
>
>  thanks for any help/advice you can give me!!!
>
>  -Tom

Regards,
Ian Samson
Electronic Publishing (SBN/MSDN/HWG Member)
Human Sciences Research Council, Pretoria, South Africa
Voice:  [+27(0)12] 302 2013   Fax: [+27(0)12] 302 2445
Organisation #: [+27(0)12] 302 2999
http://www.hsrc.ac.za/
--
Opinions expressed in this message are my own
and do not reflect official policy of the HSRC.