Re: Open a window and Close Selfwindows (fwd)

> Subject: focus on window
> Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 11:09:45 +0200
> From: Vincent Graf - R&ED Sarl <vincent.graf@epfl.ch>
> To: www-html <www-html@w3.org>
>
> Hi there,
>
> I used some javascript to open a window (on request) which is how I wanted
> it to be (size, toolbars,...). Now, how can I get the focus back on my
> original window (after I chose some options that were brought back to this
> original window) ?
>
> Same question when to go back to the pop up window (if it is not destroyed
> the first time, I do not get the focus on it).
>
>  many thanx.
>
> Vince.
not really sure what your getting at but have you tried the .focus()
or .blur() functions ?

EG:

function hit(){
hitwin=window.open("hitcnt.htm","hitwin","width=125,height=40")
hitwin.blur()
        // could have used .focus() to make this window come
//forward
}

function closehit(){
hitwin.close()