Re: Looooong header of this list

In our previous episode, jose.kahan@w3.org said:
From www-html-request@w3.org Tue May 26 10:23 MET 1998
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 04:23:15 -0400 (EDT)
To: henryk@xs4all.nl (Henryk Gajewski)
Cc: www-html@w3.org
From: jose.kahan@w3.org
Subject: [Spam?] Re: Looooong header of this list

In our previous episode, Henryk Gajewski said:

> Why this list has such a looooooooooong header (or whatever you call it)?
> It traveles travels multiplies multiplies and often is longer than a mail
> itself. What is the reason for it? Does everybody reads carefully abd
> always these lines?
> Greetings
> Henryk Gajewski

Some of the headers you cite come from Smartlist. They are necessary to
avoid loops and to detect bounces.

If a message was caught by the spam filter and I reforward it to the list,
my client makes a copy of the original headers as X- headers. Finally, we
don't filter out any other headers sent in by the user.

Cheers,

-Jose

Jose Kahan                 | w3c/INRIA                          | The taste
W3C technical support team | ZIRST                              |  of rain
[http://www.w3.org]        | 655, avenue de l'Europe            | -Why kneel?
Tel: +33 (0)4 76.61.53.05  | 38330 Montbonnot Saint-Martin France |J.K (1959)