Re: newspaper-style columns

On Mon, 11 May 1998 15:45:46 -0700 (PDT), Dmitry Beransky
<dberansk@ucsd.edu> wrote:

> I've searched around trying to understand why there aren't any provisions
> for newspaper style columns in HTML. All I've found so far were vague
> hints or explanations that didn't make any sense.  I'd appreciate if
> someone could help me with this (or point me to a resource with a coherent
> explanation).

Simple answer. HTML is not a tool to be used to achieve presentation of
content. You need cascading style sheets for that.

your question there. As an alternative you may want to find the
<comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets newsgroup> and have a look
at their FAQ (posted twice a week) to find answers to this particular
question of yours.

If this particular NG is not available to you, you may find the CSS-FAQ
on the web here...

<URL:http://home2.swipnet.se/%7Ew-20547/faqs/ciwas-mFAQ.html>

--
Jan Roland Eriksson - d.tek.jre@ebox.tninet.se