RE: Where are my MARGINs?

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, David Norris wrote:

> Margins are well implemented using CSS.  Navigator 4+ and IE 3+ support CSS.
> Style Sheets provide presentational information for HTML.  I don't think
> that anyone will be adding presentation tags or attributes anymore.  At
> least, I hope not.
>
> <OBJECT> would be used to insert music or anything else into a document.
> This is supported in current browsers.  I haven't tested Opera, but, it
> works fine in NCSA Mosaic 3, Navigator 4+, IE 4 +.  OBJECT replaces quite a
> few tags; such as APPLET, EMBED, etc.

HOWEVER - using OBJECT will cause great hate and discontent for anyone
using MSIE 3.x. Don't use it unless you don't care that 25% of current
user's browsers are going to break on it with nasty alerts about unsafe
ActiveX. It will probably a year or more before MSIE 3.x drops to a low
enough percentage to make OBJECT marginally usable (MSIE 4.x also does
less than pleasant things with it, but at least it doesn't scare the hell
out of unsuspecting users with bogus security alert dialogs and freeze
their browser session).

--
Benjamin Franz