    From: www-html-request@w3.org [mailto:www-html-request@w3.org]On Behalf
Of Steven Lawrance
    Sent: Monday, March 09, 1998 6:48 PM
    To: www-html@w3.org
    Subject: Where are my MARGINs?

    Hello, all!

    I'm new to this group, I'm not a card-carrying member of the W3C yet,
but I'm a long time web page designer who would still like to see some of
the most basic elements added to HTML...

    Why is there no MARGIN (or equivalent) tag specification in the BODY
section of HTML?  I'm tired of using topmargin="" and leftmargin="" for my
margins in IE, and marginheight="" and marginwidth="" in Netscape  (I don't
even know if Opera has a nonstandard margin tag!)...

    We need a standard margin tag for the body section...

    Another thing...  We need to standardize background music once and for
all...  Plugins are not my favorite way of implementing this feature that is
already implemented in IE with the nonstandard BGSOUND tag.

    Thanks in advance if anyone here can get these suggestions through to
the W3C.

    -Joey