Re: Questionable implementation of IMG ALT attribute as tooltips

 >> I never use non-<HR> separators, simply because they don't behave well
 >> for browsers on different screen sizes.

 JG> Agreed. However, the existance of simple colour gradients in CSS may be
 JG> nice.

I've not actually tested this, but something like the following style
should work:

HR { width: 100%; height: 1ex;
     background-image: url(gradient.gif);
     border: none; /* Some browsers may defaultrender a HR as a border */
}

Then, you can use different classes of HR with different gradients, or
maybe different sizes ...

Which browsers support this? Does any?

// Rasmus

--