Re: CSS Query

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998 09:14:30 +0800, Daniel Bulleros wrote:

>Is Netscape 4.x still not conversant with CSS? I have this piece of code:
><head>
>      h1 { font: 72pt Tahoma bold; color:lime; background:lightblue }
></head>
>   <h1>H E L L O</h1>

>When this is viewed in IE4, it looks OK, but in Netscape 4.06, the word
>"HELLO" appears in Times New Roman, the size is similar to font size=7,
>there is no background color, and the text color is set to whatever color
>you specify in the <body> tag.

Once again MSIE shows off as the real troublemaker for CSS authors.

IE "accepts" far to much purely bogous code so that it leads people
into thinking that they have actually done something right, when in
fact their code have errors as compared to given specs.

I have not tried the following in NS myself, but at least I know that
the code ends up with the following comments from...

http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/csscheck/

font-size: 72pt
Warning: Absolute length units should not
generally be used on the Web, since the
physical properties of the output medium
are almost always unknown.

background: lightblue
Error: Invalid keyword.

Your original in a more appropriate form maybe?

    h1 { font-family: "Tahoma bold", sans-serif;
         font-size: 72pt;
         color: lime;
         background: lightblue; }

If you want to go on using it you may want to "fix" that error at
least?

--
Jan Roland Eriksson <d.tek.jre@ebox.tninet.se>