Re: toolbar and a new window

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Iztok Polanic wrote:

> Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 22:56:59 +0200 (MET DST)
> From: Iztok Polanic <ssdipola@guest.arnes.si>
> To: WWW HTML <www-html@w3.org>
> Subject: toolbar and a new window
>
> Hello !!!
>
> I want to make a site with frames. On the left there would be a toolbar
> and on the right there would be a main screen.
>
> 			------------------------
> 			|      |		|
> 			| TOOL |     MAIN	|
> 			|      |		|
> 			|      |		|
> 			|      |		|
> 			|      |		|
> 			-------------------------
>
> When I would click on a link in the toolbar area a page would open in the
> main area and also a subpage would open in the toolbar area. Can you
> understand me, what I'm trying to say??? How can I make this?
> Please help!!!

Well, the only way to do this, is with JavaScript (which is not pretty
good supported, especialy among older browsers...).
The only other possibility is building a complete new page, which contains
two frames: the "main" you wanted to show, and the other is the
toolbar.....
It's not what someone whanted to do   :-)

If you're sure you whant to use JavaScript, i can give you some samples...

Greetings,
Taco IJsselmuiden
                  \|||/
                 ( o o )