Re: Archive in Object

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor wrote:
>
> > The ARCHIVE attribute of the OBJECT element takes a space spearated list
> > of URI's.  But the DTD specifies the content as %URI.  I think this is
> > either misleading, or even wrong.  There should be a separate entity
> > called URIs for space separated lists of URIs.
>
> If I'm not mistaken, %URI is just a reference to CDATA, so there really is
> no problem technically. Of course, all of these data types have been defined
> for readability of the DTD, but this doesn't mean a document won't validate
> correctly.

True, but it has caused problems for me.  I wrote a program to check the
values of HTML attributes to see if the conform to the HTML
specifications.  I've blindly implemented the processing of the archive
attribute to check to see if it contains one URI becuase I was mislead by
the specs.  It certainly should be changed.  I'll have to update my
program sometime.