Re: HTML 4.0 comment

On Sat, 20 Sep 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> I've been reading through the new spec, and something caught my
> eye - maybe I overlooked it before:
>
> On BLOCKQUOTE and Q why is 'cite' limited to %URL?
>
> What if I'm quoting from a book or other non-electronic document?
>
> How about either making 'cite' a general field, or adding 'title' to
> both?

W3C is working on richer means to express metadata. You will
be able to an id attribute on BLOCKQUOTE and Q to name these
elements. The value of the cite attribute specfies the
the document the excerpt is taken from. This can be used to
to locate metadata for the excerpted document. Both BLOCKQUOTE
and Q support the title attribute.

Regards,

phone: +44 122 578 2521 (office) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)