Re: Israeli HTML Standard

In message  <3.0.1.32.19970503230400.0069f92c@mail.netvision.net.il> ILAN-H@VM.TAU.AC.IL writes:
> The Standards Institution of Israel (SII) is preparing a standard for
> Hebrew in HTML. The standard is based on RFC 2070.
>
> An English translation of the draft (and the Hebrew version too) is
> available upon request. Comments are welcome.

Please could you send an email version of the English version of this
draft standard to me please, as soon as possible?

ISO/TC46/SC2 meets very soon, from 12-14 May 1996, and one of its
projects is the draft standard ISO 259-3: Phonemic transliteration of
Hebrew. Where there are any matters of potential common interest it
would be useful to identify these, so that ISO/TC46/SC2 is not going
at cross purposes to any other useul and possibly related
developments.

If there are any other pointers to similar work in other languages
from the W3 consortium, or the IETF, or similar bodies in this area,
I would also be vfery grateful.

ISO/TC46/SC2 wishes to liaise with various groups in theis general
area related to languages and computers, and we have had no
significant contacts with the W3 consortium, or the IETF.

If you can make any useful suggestions as to possible contacts, and
areas of common concern, I would be very grateful.

I look forward to hearing from you

                                   Yours sincerely

                                     John Clews

--
John Clews (Chair of ISO/TC46/SC2: Conversion of Written Languages)

SESAME Computer Projects, 8 Avenue Road, Harrogate, HG2 7PG, England
Email: Converse@sesame.demon.co.uk;        tel: +44 (0) 1423 888 432