Re: Random page updates.

At 07:20 PM 2/26/97 -0800, you wrote:
>OpeDog wrote:
>> this page contains frames and in the top part of the page is a little
>> introduction.  I want this introduction then, to update itself to
>> another random "micropage" in another directory.  This probably doesn't >
make sense but I think you get the picture.  So... is there any script
>> or tag I can use to take and replace a current HTML document in a frame
>> with another random HTML document in a seperate directory?
>
>In HTML there is no facility for loading a "RANDOM" url or page.
>There is a <meta> tag for loading another page after a time interval.
>
><META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="3; URL=
> http://users.abac.com/drclue/index.html">
>
>This tag would load the named URL in 3 seconds. It is not widely
>supported and started out life as a netscapism.
>
>You could use javascript to acomplish this task fairly easily, but here
>again only certain browsers will support it.
>
>SERVERPUSH is another method which should work with just about all
>browsers and it is documented in the SERVERPUSH section of my HTML/CGI
>guide. It does require programming , but I have the "C" code for it
>listed in that chapter.

Dr. Clue

Ummm, I haven't been able to wade through all the other stuff and find the
SERVERPUSH thing yet, and anyway it's all over my head.  I'm not sure what
to do with it anyway.  Any suggestions?

          __o	      opedog@csra.net
	 _`\<,         PLEASE VISIT
      __(_)/_(_)  http://www.csra.net/opedog/

	"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
	 The valiant never taste of death but once."
					~~~~Shakespeare.