Re: Subject line in Mailto forms

At 10:11p -0500 06/12/97, Scott Smith wrote:
 > I once saw a mailto: form that had something defined for the Subject
 > line. And I was wondering if anyone knew how to add this to the mailto:
 > line in the form post????

This is from the enhanced mailto URL internet draft,
<ftp://ftp.internic.net//internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-mailto-url-00.txt>.
I don't know whether that's still the current filename...

Some examples in that internet draft are:

>5. Examples
>
>   A URL for an ordinary individual mailing address:
>
>     mailto:masinter@parc.xerox.com
>     mailto:ietf-url@imc.org
>
>   A URL for a mail response system that requires the name of the file
>   in the subject:
>
>     <mailto:infobot@ghjk.com?subject=current-issue>
>
>   A mail response system that requires a "send" request in the body:
>
>     <mailto:infobot@ghjk.com?body=send%20current-issue>
>
>   A similar URL could have two lines with different "send" requests:
>
>     <mailto:infobot@ghjk.com?body=send%20current-issue%0D%0Asend%20index>
>
>   A request to subscribe to a mailing list:
>
>     <mailto:majordomo@ghjk.com?body=subscribe%20bamboo-l>

Both subject= and body= are supported by Eudora 3.1; subject= is supported
by several programs (such as Navigator 3.0).