Re: Is BGCOLOR deprecated?

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, eva wrote:

> Bgcolor is not on the list of deprecated BODY attributes yet
> present in the "Deprecated Example".  (Even though both background
> and bgcolor can be declared by one CSS-property they are
> nonetheless two different HTML attributes and should therefore,
> IMHO, both appear on said list.)

As a presentational feature, bgcolor is only recommended for
use with user agents that don't support style sheets. We will
reword the spec to make this clearer.

> Also, there is no mention of deprecated elements in the DTD.
> Any special reason?

We would like to provide two versions of the DTD, one with
all the transitional features and one without.

Regards,

phone: +44 122 578 2521 (office) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)