Re: Page Break

At 8:08 AM -0000 7/15/97, Gestion et Diffusion Informatique SA wrote:
>All this kind of tricks can be bypassed with the Browser settings, or are
>Printer dependent.
All of these tricks also depend on a visual rendering of HTML.
>Actually what we really need is a page break TAG, does this exist???
No.  Please see http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/WD-print for information on
using style sheets, as this is the preferred method.

>PS: We are trying to avoid to produce a document in an other format, (e.g.
>Word, PS or PDF...) what we have already done but which is heavy procedure.
Right now, if pagination and other layout features are that important to
you, a word processing or layout format is what you're going to have to use.

BTW, this is NOT a mailing list for HTML problems.  It is a mailing list to
discuss issues relating to HTML specification, standardization, and
(apparently) whitespaces. ;-)  If you have authoring difficulties, there
are many newsgroups and mailing lists which can offer you assistance.

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:jreiter@mail.slc.edu               ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]